Thursday, October 22, 2009

let's get started ...

finally !!! you can’t even imagine how long it takes to get an in-utero wireless connection in Central Pennsylvania.

it is great to have the ability to communicate with you all. i look forward to meeting you real soon ... but in the interim this will have to do. my technical support staff assures me that we will have the capability to skype from the hospital. convincing the risk management folks could be a challenge.

i feel a nap coming on but before i go i would like to share the following thoughts.

a few things I am excited about …
  • seeing my mom [from the outside] from what I hear … she is beautiful
  • halloween … not sure that I fully understand the ritual but i've heard talk of knifing gourds and free sugar … more on that later
  • the Hawkeye bowl game ... did you think i was going to back the lions just because i will be born in happy valley ?
& some concerns …
  • i understand that my kind is prone to mistakes and messes. this morning dad seemed a bit perturbed by the fact that he had to clean up cat barf and feed the chickens before going to work. he has no idea the chores and messes he is in for.
  • continuing with the chicken theme … we heard our first official “cock-a-doodle-doo” this morning. this sound signaled mom’s turn to be upset. she has no idea the sounds she is in for.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you finally decided to make an appearance. I have a fishing pole with your name on it. If you are free, I have a poker game tomorrow night with the Tadpole guys. If you are a little short of cash, hit up "your old man," as I hear he is loaded.

    Uncle Bill

    ReplyDelete